BBA In Canada For Indian Student After 12thAugust 16, 2022 2022-08-16 8:52
BBA In Canada For Indian Student After 12th
BBA In Canada For Indian Student After 12th
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) offers foundational knowledge related to various domains of business administration such as information systems knowledge, HRM, Marketing, organizational behavior, business values, and general management. The typical duration of a BBA in Canada after 12th is of four years.
BBA in Canada allows a student to derive fundamental knowledge of the core concept of business and its applications in the physical world. It is a professional course that prepares the students to enter a career in management with the necessary skills like managerial skills, operational and marketing knowledge, and related expertise.
Most universities and colleges offer this course on an undergraduate level through various full-time, part-time, and online mediums. The language of instruction for BBA in universities and colleges in Canada is both English and French. One can opt for BBA as a co-op program, too, where the student has the option of gaining work experience while enrolled in the course.
Why Study BBA In Canada?
In the previous decade, Canada has steadily gained prominence as a preferred location for higher education. For Indian students, a mix of high-quality education, internship possibilities, part-time work opportunities during studies, liberal laws on post-study jobs, and immigration in Canada make it an ideal place.
Key factors to study BBA in Canada
1. Almost 16.4% more international students applied to Canadian Business schools in 2019. This rate was higher than in the USA.
2. 90% of the students pursuing BBA in Canada after 12th get hired into a well-known organization within the first few months of graduation.
3. The average salary of a candidate after completion of the degree is 61,412. However, it can range anywhere from CAD 46,519 to 82,026.
4. With a work permit, graduates can work for three years. Along with studies, students also get the option of working 20 hours a week.
5. The best career options for students post – BBA are financial analysts and auditors. It is expected that by 2028, the openings will increase by 80,000.
Specific eligibility criteria for will ensure your admission to the country’s top institutions. These criteria differ for each university. However, here are a few common points:
- Academic transcripts and mark sheets of 10+2 with a good score.
- Passing with an average of 65% in the top 5 subjects with English as one of them
- Language proficiency score- IELTS overall six and no less than 5.5 in one module or equivalent test score in PTE/TOEFL.
- GIC of CAD 10,000 and sufficient funds to cover the tuition cost of the successful years ahead.
- First, one would need to ensure that they fill out the application form for the university or college with all the documents required and a well-drafted SOP.
Canada hosts some of the best universities in the world for business courses. The most renowned universities for BBA in Canada after the 12th are as follows:
|Name of University
|Average Tuition Fee
|University of Toronto
|#16 in Best Global Universities
|CAD 55.92 K per year
|Memorial University of Newfoundland
|#675 in Best Global Universities.
|CAD 11.02 K per year
|#456 in Best Global Universities
|CAD 30.32 K – 32.57 K per year
|Thompson Rivers University (internal link: https://viie.edu.in/thompson-river-university-bba/)
|#47 – country rank
|CAD 15.75 K – 18.85 K per year
|Simon Fraser University
|#313 in Best Global Universities
|CAD 29.37 K – 34.7 K per year
|#481 in Best Global Universities
|CAD 36.02 K per year
|#317 in Best Global Universities
|CAD 17.63 K – 22.44 K per year
|Royal Roads University (internal link: https://viie.edu.in/royal-roads-university-bba/)
|#44 – country rank
|CAD 23.05 K per year
|University of Regina
|#983 in Best Global Universities
|CAD 21.97 K – 24.45 K per year
|#99 – country rank
|CAD 11.91 K per year
The cost of BBA in Canada for Indian students after 12th is pretty high; therefore, it needs to be planned by the students. To plan your expenses, you should be aware of the university’s fees along with the cost of expenses.
Many international students choose Canada as their dream country to pursue higher studies because of various scholarships and grants offered by multiple universities. The Canadian government provides around 3000 scholarships for international students to pursue quality higher education.
Here are some of the universities in Canada which provide scholarships along with their programs:
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program offered by the University of Toronto providing benefits of CAD 45,457 (26,60,604.12 INR).
- Seymour Schulich BBA Entrance Scholarship program offered by York University with benefits of CAD 6,776 (3,90,593.01 INR).
- Tanna H. Schulich BBA Entrance Scholarship program offered by York University providing benefits of CAD 6,776 (3,90,593.01 INR).
- Lloyd-Carr Harris Foundation Entrance Scholarship in Business Administration offered by Simon Fraser University, providing a scholarship of CAD 20,000 (11,70,785 INR).
- Hani Zeini Scholarship provided by all the universities in Canada with benefits of CAD 1000 (58,605.65 INR).
An international student can work on a student visa. Working on or off-campus alongside studying is allowed for 20 hours. You can work full time during the breaks. i.e., winter and summer holidays. You may also need a Social Insurance Number from Service Canada to work or gain government benefits or services.
The student permit is valid till the tenure of your course. After completing your course, you can apply for a post-study work permit if you plan to stay in Canada. The validity of this permit will be for three years.
Here We have listed some of the top-paying and successful jobs profiles after doing BBA in Canada:
|Average Annual Salary
The BBA program builds a foundation for students to understand all things related to business management. A candidate can also expect to learn entrepreneurial skills. With this degree’s help, students learn about the ongoing changes in the business landscape.
The course has an integrated approach and introduces the students to types of entrepreneurship, corporates, small businesses, and online businesses.
Pursuing a BBA in Canada will give you maximum exposure and knowledge about the outside world and upcoming market trends.