MBA in Canada without GMATAugust 11, 2022 2022-08-12 5:51
MBA in Canada without GMAT
MBA in Canada without GMAT
Canada is one of the best countries in the world to pursue MBA after US itself. It is also one of the most affordable countries to study. Canada is known for the quality of education it provides to domestic as well as international students. The education system is unique and attracts millions of students every year. Canadian universities are consistently top ranked for their MBA programs.
The advantages of pursuing an MBA degree are endless beginning with rewarding career opportunities at several companies and the global recognition MBA graduates get. The main requirements for the application process for Canadian universities are GMAT scores and work experience. However, it is possible to get MBA in Canada without GMAT depending on your work experience and qualifications.
The GMAT tests your analytical, quantitative, writing and communication skills. Although GRE is considered as a great alternative, GMAT scores helps the business schools to choose the best and most qualified candidates for their MBA programs.
Students who want to pursue a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Canada, can do so without having to submit their GMAT scores. Instead, you must apply with other qualifications that show exceptional academic and professional performance which exceeds the GMAT requirements. They can ask for GRE scores or their entrance exam’ score apart from GMAT.
Requirements for the application process for universities in Canada without GMAT
The main requirements for admission into universities in Canada without GMAT are:
- GRE score.
- IELTS/TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination scores.
- A GPA of about 3.0 and above (undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree).
- Atleast two years of work experience (depending on the duration of your bachelor’s degree).
- Two or more LORs (Letters of recommendation).
- A Resume of your entire academic and professional experience (including paid or unpaid internships).
- Statement of Purpose (SOPs).
- Financial Statement.
- Student Visa (if required).
Some universities in Canada require aspirants to appear for an admission interview as the final step of their application process. The interview is conducted mainly to evaluate your career goals.
Majority of International students do their best to apply as early as possible and their application process is usually longer and more complex than domestic students. In addition to GMAT/GRE, international students must prove their language proficiency, if English is not their first language.
Top Universities in Canada to pursue MBA without GMAT are:
- Schulich School of Business.
- Ivey Business School.
- Thompson Rivers University.
- Vancouver Island University.
- New York Institute of Technology (NYIT).
- Degroote Business School.