Student Visa in The UAE – Eligibility and RequirementsOctober 27, 2022 2022-10-28 4:57
Student Visa in The UAE – Eligibility and Requirements
Student Visa in The UAE – Eligibility and Requirements
Choosing a destination or a country for higher education is one of the essential and crucial decisions a student has to make. There are unique benefits for students who want to study in UAE. Looking in UAE will give you a lot of exposure as a student as you will interact with many other students from different parts of the globe. This makes the students very confident, and their personality grows, which helps them in the future.
Many well-established universities from abroad want to establish their campus in UAE. Any student who wants to study in the UAE must get a UAE student visa. Before that, the student must get accepted in any institution of higher education in the UAE since it is the school or college handles the VISA application process.
What Documents do you need for a Student Visa for the UAE?
While applying for a student visa in the UAE, you must complete a set of requirements and have documents supporting your application. This includes:
- A Valid Passport and copies of the said passports
- Twelve passport-sized pictures of the applicant.
- Admit a letter or letter of acceptance to the UAE University or college.
- Proof of financial documents which proves that is sufficient for your tuition fees and living expenses.
- Copy of tuition fee receipt for the first year of education.
- Copy of Visa fee receipt.
- Upon arrival, students above the age of 18 must get medically tested for HIV, Tb and Hepatitis B & C, Leprosy, and Syphilis. These tests should be done at a government-approved health centre in the UAE.
- One has to submit documentation that proves their stay or accommodation at a place with the necessary documents.
- If one is applying for a Post-Graduate program, one should also include proof of certification from your previous University/College.
How can I get a Student Visa for the UAE?
When accepted into a UAE higher education institution, your school arranges to get your UAE Student Visa from GDRFA – the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
Because the UAE Student Visa is a type of residence visa, your school can only get it for you once you are in the country. This means you first need an entry permit for studying purposes
Apply for the Entry Permit
Depending on one’s country, one may have to get an entry permit before entering the UAE. Schools or Universities also sponsor entry permits. They can apply through one of the following portals:
- The Federal Authority for Identity and
- The ICA’s eChanel portal
- GDRFA – The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs either online or in person. If your host applies in person, they must do so through one of the licensed typing centres of the GDRFA in each Emirate or one of the Amer centres in Dubai.
How Long is a UAE Student Visa Valid?
A good student with a high GPA is eligible to receive a UAE student visa for five years. The eligibility criteria are:
- For secondary graduate students, the student must have a minimum grade of 95% in public or private secondary school
- For University graduate students, the student must have a GPA of 3.75 from a university in or out of the UAE.
This UAE visa type also allows the students or holders to bring their dependents.
What is Golden Visa UAE?
The Golden Visa UAE is a long-term residency visa that allows international talents to live and work or study in UAE for up to 10 years. The Golden visa is renewable and reserved for unique categories, from Investors to individuals with extraordinary talents.
Difference between Green and Golden Visa UAE
Green and Golden visa holders have the option of having a long-term residency in UAE, whereas regular Visa offers 2-3 years. Both Visas will let the holder sponsor themselves without any employer in the UAE, which is called Self-sponsorship.
But their Eligibility, Duration, and Benefits are not the same.
Details about Green Visa:
Duration: The Green visa will last for five years.
- Visa holders can stay in UAE for up to 5 years.
- Cannot sponsor first-degree relatives
- After the Visa is expired or is cancelled, one gets a grace period of six months.
Details about Golden Visa:
Duration: The Golden Visa will last for ten years.
- One can sponsor their family, like children, spouse, or supporting staff, and there is no limit to the sponsor amount.
- They can even stay outside UAE for as much as they want.
- One can also get an e-visa of six months if one completes the residence visa procedure.
- All the family members of the Golden visa holder can stay in UAE until the visa expires in case of the holder’s death.
- There is no requirement of any sponsor or employer for a Golden Visa.
Hence, If you are planning to study in UAE, firstly, you must prepare a list of universities to which you want to apply. Secondly, prepare your application and apply to the university. After using once you get into the university, you have to apply for VISA.
This process might be long, so be prepared way ahead. If you are eligible, you will get into the university, and your Visa will depend on your documents, Financial documents, and grades.
Studying in UAE will benefit you as you will be open to new doors in your life, and new opportunities will come ahead. There are a lot of internship programs available for students. There are a lot of Internships available for students which help them to get relevant work experience which is valuable in every country. VIIE (Vidyalankar Institue for International Education) allows students to study abroad with the assistance of visa applications.