Top BMM Universities in The USA That Don’t Require SATSeptember 24, 2022 2022-09-24 5:12
Top BMM Universities in The USA That Don’t Require SAT
Top BMM Universities in The USA That Don’t Require SAT
Scholastic Aptitude Test, also known as Standardized Assessment Test, is a 3 hours test comprising two sections (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing [EBRW] and Mathematics). The College Board administers the SAT, which is generally used for college admissions and assesses you on diverse parameters like writing skills, reasoning, critical reading, and mathematics.
The SATs are an important metric used by universities to measure the readiness and potential of a candidate for any Undergrad degree, providing universities with an objective comparison for all candidates. Every year in August, October, November, December, and March, the SAT; is administered nationwide.
During the pandemic, many students were not able to take the test. Thus many universities declared it an optional requirement for students to apply for college. Additionally, analysis has shown that students from affluent backgrounds consistently have higher SAT scores.
Numerous institutions are dropping the SAT so that students from underprivileged backgrounds are not at an extra disadvantage throughout the University admissions process.
Therefore, SAT scores will likely no longer be a necessary admission criterion for international students seeking to study in countries like the United States, Canada, New Zealand, etc.
Is SAT Necessary To Study BMM Abroad?
For BMM, like any other stream of Arts, SAT is a requirement for the admission intake. After the Pandemic, many universities are shifting toward the new normal where SAT is not necessary for admission intake. There are loads of universities across the globe that you can target without taking this test, allowing candidates to do BMM without taking the SAT.
But if you are reasonably able to take the test, then you should take it as it can higher your chances of intake and open more options. But if your admission intake is just around the corner, you can consider the universities which do not require SAT and instead consider the overall performance of the candidates.
What Are The Other Requirements If Not SAT?
Now many colleges and universities are test-flexible, where you do not need to submit the SAT scores if you have a certain GPA or meet another requirement.
List Of Requirements Needed For Application If Not SAT:
- Class Rank
- High School Grades (GPA)
- TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Personal Essays
- Letter of Recommendation
- Extracurricular Activities
- Records of any previous tertiary studies
Top Universities for BMM without SAT.
The Bachelor of Mass Communications; is a program styled and designed for candidates; who prefer to concentrate on skilled media observation. For instance, Media Message Design, Media Campaigns, Policies, Promoting Communications and Management in Media and Politics, Media Influence, Media Ethics, Media Attainment, International Media, Media representation, etc.
A growing number of colleges are changing their approach and either de-emphasizing or eliminating the need for students to disclose test scores through test-optional or test-flexible policies.
Tracking down universities that don’t require SAT scores and knowing your application options can be tricky, so here are some you might want to consider:
Top BMM Universities
- Thompson Rivers University, Canada
- TRU welcomes 3,500 international students each semester from more than 100 countries.
- New international students and applicants at TRU receive prompt application and registration assistance from their dedicated International Admissions team.
- TRU offers a waiver over SAT for all undergrad degrees.
- Royal Roads University, Canada
- Among the top 60 Universities in Canada offers Graduate, UG, and Certificate programs in subjects like Business, Communication, and Environment & Education.
- Applicants who don’t meet the quality admission requirements are going to be considered for flexible admission and assessed as follows:
- Evidence of getting ample knowledge, skills, and talents to finish demanding tutorial courses of study.
- University of Southern Illinois, USA
- This university believes that “YOU ARE MORE THAN A TEST SCORE.”
- Also believes that “the best indicator of your success in college is how hard you worked in high school, not how well you scored on a standardized test.”
- Therefore, SIU does not require the submission of SAT scores for admission and scholarship purposes.
- New York University, USA
- NYU is one of the more comparatively rigid colleges. However, it’s a significantly more flexible standardized testing policy than alternative analysis universities of its size and caliber.
- The internationally regarded establishment within the heart of Manhattan will assess and take a look at scores however permits prospective students to substitute SAT scores for others like results of AP or IB, or AN IB credentials.
- NYU has an SAT waiver for international students.
- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- It’s one of the top-ranked universities in the whole of New Zealand.
- With a Research-based study program, get first-hand experience.
- The University of Victoria can offer a waiver for international candidates.
- University of Waikato, New Zealand
- The University of Waikato offers around 150 undergraduate and graduate programs through 9 renowned faculties. The university has various programs, ranked among the top 200 courses.
- The selection is based on their University Entrance Exam and English Language Test.
- Therefore, they offer a waiver for SAT.
If you just started thinking of planning to study BMM abroad, start the preparation for SAT as early as possible. It can save you time for paying attention to the other parts of your application. Research the SAT requirement of the university you want to apply to because the significance of the scores in the admission process varies per university.
You can also conclude by taking a few practice tests, analyzing your strengths and weaknesses, and making an informed decision about taking the test or not and going to a university that does not require SAT.