Why Study Computer Science in USA?October 29, 2022 2022-10-29 5:16
Why Study Computer Science in USA?
Why Study Computer Science in USA?
If you are interested in becoming an Analyst, Data Scientist, Developer, etc. then you should consider Computer Science as your program. Computer science is a rapidly evolving field with high demand and lucrative pay, attracting a large number of new students each year.
Computing expertise can solve complex, difficult problems with a single click. Such is the demand for technical knowledge and computer science graduates. Nowadays, every major university in the world has a full-fledged computer science department with a wide range of programs. The United States is no exception.
Why Choose the USA for Computer Science?
- Top Universities around the world are here, and they provide good education.
- A degree from one of the best Computer Science Universities in the United States provides an opportunity to learn, grow, and evolve under the supervision of leading experts in the field.
- You can explore specializations in domains such as Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Robotics, Machine Learning, Cyber Security, Software Engineering, and so on.
- The United States provides these courses with a strong emphasis on research. This is an important aspect of practical learning because it allows students to be creative.
Top 10 Computer Science Universities in USA
|University||Location||Specializations||Av. Tuition Fees|
|Stanford University||California, USA||Artificial Intelligence Bio-computation Computer & Network Security Information Management & Analytics Human-Computer Interaction||35,000 USD- 75,000 USD per year|
|Harvard University||Cambridge, USA||Artificial Intelligence Economics and Computer science Data-Management Systems Computer Graphics Computational Linguistics Robotics||40,000 USD- 59,000 USD per year|
|California Institute of Technology||Pasadena, USA||Algorithmic Economics Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Computational Biology Graphics and Geometry Quantum Information & Computation||56,000 USD- 60,000 USD per year|
|University of Chicago||Chicago, USA||AI & Machine Learning Data & Databases Security & Privacy Human-Computer Interaction Visual Computing||45,000 USD- 80,000 USD per year|
|Yale University||New Haven, USA||Artificial Intelligence Computer Architecture Computer Graphics Operating Systems Database Systems||50,000 USD- 65,000 USD per year|
|University of Pennsylvania||Philadelphia, USA||AI & Machine Learning Natural Language Processing (Computational Linguistics) Robotics Computational Biology and Biomedical/Clinical Informatics Algorithms and Computational Complexity||40,000 USD- 80,000 USD per year|
|Columbia University||New York, USA||Computational Biology Computer Security Machine Learning Natural Language Processing Network Systems||40,000 USD- 70,000 USD per year|
|University of Michigan||Ann Arbor, USA||Robotics Artificial Intelligence Data Bases & Data Mining Embedded & Mobile Systems Human-Computer Interaction||55,000 USD- 60,000 USD per year|
|North Western University||Boston, USA||Systems & Networking Security and Privacy Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Vision and Graphics Robotics||50,000 USD- 60,000 USD per year|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Cambridge, USA||AI & Society AI for Healthcare and Life Sciences AI & Machine Learning Biological and Medical Devices and Systems Communications Systems Computational Biology Computational Fabrication and Manufacturing Computer Architecture||58,000 USD- 64,000 USD per year|
Eligibility And Documents Required
- SOP/Personal essay.
- Evidence of English proficiency, TOEFL/IELTS. Mandatory for non-English speaking country students.
- Standardized tests like SAT/ACT scores to be submitted. Scores range differently for various institutes.
- Official high school transcripts with a minimum GPA of 3.2 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Two LORs. Preferably one from a professional and the other from a school.
- Resume showing professional experience and community involvement.
- Health Insurance is an obligatory requirement.
- Syllabi from all post-secondary institutes attended (for transfer applicants).
|University||Av. SAT scores required||Av. ACT scores required||Av. High School GPA required|
|California Institute of Technology||1530-1570||35-36||3.7|
|University of Chicago||1500-1560||33-35||3.4|
|University of Pennsylvania||1460-1550||33-35||3.2|
|University of Michigan||1400-1540||32-35||3.6|
|North Western University||1410-1540||33-35||3.5|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||1520-1580||34-36||3.8|
Costs of Living and Studying in USA
- Studying Computer Science in the USA can cost you around $50,000/- to $90,000/- per year. Keep an eye on your chosen university’s official website, as each year university upgrades its tuition costs, so keep yourself updated.
- Living in the USA can cost you around $20,000/- to $35,000/- per year.
- Universities in the USA provide on-campus dorms to international students.
- Another option is off-campus lodging, where you can share flats with different international students or stay in a homestay with a nearby family. Rentals rates are different from place to place.
This is a rapidly evolving field, and to advance your career, you must keep up with new trends, courses, and news in this industry, just as you would in any other. Lookout for any Scholarships, Fellowships, or Part-time jobs that will help you lessen your financial burden.